RE: door lock on the fritz

From: Mallett, Donald B (Donald.Mallett@BNSF.com)
Date: Tue Oct 29 2002 - 02:55:52 EST

>I've got a '00 quad cab with a fried rear driver side door lock. It
>froze up for a few days - you couldn't unlock it with the key fob or
>manually from the inside. Now it managed to "unfreze" itself but when
>the doors lock/unlock there's an electric "grinding" sound from that
>door. Obviously it's fried and I need to replace it. Has anyone else on
>the list been thru this? Do I need to replace the motor or is there more
>to it? Which mopar or non-mopar part do I need? Can someone walk me thru
>the procedure? Thanx in advance, adam

I have the same Dak with the same BUZZZZZING sound coming from the same
door. Is this the info you are looking for? It a reply from JUSTIN SHREAVES
>From [wyckoffjustin@yahoo.com]....
 "The part number you provided is correct, and we can have it here the next
day after you order it. The price is $63.08. The part number to order would
be 55256715."
It's a one piece unit and from I can see in the FSM its fairly easy to swap
out. My cost at the dealer to have repaired is $25.00. Thanks to my extended
warranty!! Good luck.

--
Don Mallett

http://FindFreedom.com/mallett