door lock on the fritz

From: Adam Spellman (aspellman@newshour.org)
Date: Mon Oct 28 2002 - 15:49:43 EST

I've got a '00 quad cab with a fried rear driver side door lock. It
froze up for a few days - you couldn't unlock it with the key fob or
manually from the inside. Now it managed to "unfreze" itself but when
the doors lock/unlock there's an electric "grinding" sound from that
door. Obviously it's fried and I need to replace it. Has anyone else on
the list been thru this? Do I need to replace the motor or is there more
to it? Which mopar or non-mopar part do I need? Can someone walk me thru
the procedure? Thanx in advance, adam