RE: Spark Plugs/wires WAS:Tuned Up

From: Kevin Sellstrom (ksellstr@softcom.net)
Date: Tue Oct 29 2002 - 21:59:36 EST

Thanks for the part #. I've had excellent luck with MSD's quality in the
past, but Summit told me that there was not a custom fit set for the
318/360 magnum motors, only the universal kits. I'll run that part # by
them tomorrow.

I had a set of Magnecore wires on another vehicle (yes, it was spec'd for
that model by Magnecore) and found them to be of good fit but terrible at
suppressing RFI. The wires allowed every single spark to be heard in the
radio, making the radio useless while the engine was running. The RFI was
so bad it fouled up the computer, making the engine run poorly. A quick
change back to standard wires resolved the problem. Maybe I got a bad
batch of wires, maybe they were not intended for street use, I
dunno. Since then I've looked elsewhere.

Kevin

At 10:27 AM 10/29/02 -0800, you wrote:

>I had no problems with MSD Super Conductors on mine. PN 32189.
>
>Ron
>00 PB SLT QC 4X2 5.9 46RE 3.92 LSD
>For modifications see my DML Profile (URL follows)
>http://www.twistedbits.net/WWWProfile/dakota/Kw9pV1EkFeOYY

Kevin Sellstrom, W6KTB E-Mail:ksellstr@softcom.net
             ***Wilton, California***

'99 Dodge Dakota 4x4, 5.2,
'69 Dodge D200, 4x2, 318, NP435,

Also: '83 Volvo 244Ti, '85 Volvo 244, '68 Volvo 122S, '98 Specialized
Rockhopper A1FS