RE: 8 3/4 Project - Gen II

From: Ray (bpracing@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Sun Nov 03 2002 - 10:15:53 EST

If your Dak has 10" drums, you can use your original backing plates, shoes,
hardware, and wheel cylinders. If you are going to the 5 lug pattern, use
drums from a '74 Challenger, either finned or not. These drums were used on
many B and E bodies but since I had a Challenger when I did my conversion,
it's what I looked up first. I used Raybestos brand.

If you want to retain the 6 lug pattern, you could have Moser Engineering do
the axles and use stock drums.

You will need to relocate the spring perches on the axle housing to fit the
Gen II Dak and add shock mounts.

Can't give you any info on wheel backspacing for the B-body housing as I
used A-body length, which is shorter, and, by the way, has perches which
already matched the Dak.

Ray