GenII white gage install: UPDATE

From: Matthew Intihar (challengerman@juno.com)
Date: Sun Nov 03 2002 - 21:07:08 EST

Well, I installed the gages from procarparts.com, and I'm not impressed,
but I'm not totally dissatisfied either. The install was pretty straight
forward, but some slight modifications had to be made to the instrument
cluster and the gages themselves.

I bought these faces off of ebay, but they sell them on their website as
well(www.procarparts.com). I received the gages in a box with no
packaging; they were just thrown in there loose. Needless to say, that
didn't win my vote. Secondly, they came with NO instructions or adhesive
to adhere them to the dials. I wound up using double stick tape, but I'm
not sure how long that will hold up for. Third, the power feed to the
gages interfered with the cluster casing(on the gas/battery and the
temp/oil gages), so I had to carve out a little cavity to allow them to
pass under the cluster lens. Lastly, a small piece of each gage had to
be removed to allow for the power feed to the faces, and to ensure a
proper seat(I then put electrical tape over the slot to prevent any light
from the illumination bulbs from showing thru).

After installing them, I'd say I got what I paid for($48 shipped). They
are by no means hideous, and the final turnout is pretty nice. I just
hope these things last for the life of my truck, and don't burn out in a
year. If anyone has any questions, just give me a holler. And like I
stated in a previous post, these faces are for '87-'93 or so daks(w/
tach); they have the word ANTI LOCK(not the circular symbol) and shift
light is by 1000 RPM's; it doesn't have the seatbelt symbol on the tach
like in the '94-'96(not sure on the years).

I'll try and get some pics in the next week or so, so if anyone wants a
pic let me know, and I'll email them to you.

Matthew
'92 CC 3.9L 4x2 auto

Only $9.95 per month!
Visit www.juno.com