Break-in adjustments?

From: socrato@bellsouth.net
Date: Mon Nov 04 2002 - 21:02:55 EST

This is my first new vehicle, and I have never been one to go into the dealer for servicing.
However, I have noticed that my valves seem louder than when I first bought the truck...like a bulked up sewing machine. Is there any break-in servicing like valve adjustments or valve spring tightening or something along those lines that dampen the sound?
I'm up to 8000 miles now, oil changes are the only servicing thus far, tire rotation comes next...anything I'm missing?
Jerry
2K2 SXT CC auto 3.9L 3.55 PB w/graphite bumpers and flares, no mods...yet.