Re: Transfer Case Question

From: Mark (Gilpin.MCKnospam@lycos.com)
Date: Mon Nov 04 2002 - 22:04:52 EST

Um, that's the chain part... The cell would be for bad weather driving,
which I rarely have another rig follow me. Besides, this horse is dead and
well beaten. Driving and wheeling styles are as personal as your truck. I
was just sharing what works for me. Food for thought so to speak. I'll have
to see if I can find a few of my old pictures and put them up somewhere for
you all to see. Our one old trail required the vehicles to have an exposed
well mounted roll bar. (Jeep w/ top off or bed mount roll bar) The trail had
a 50 ft section with a 48% grade. To get through, you would chain/
come-along off to three different trees to the high part of the roll bar,
hooking from tree to tree as you moved ahead so you wouldn't roll down the
hill into the trees.Took about 25min per vehicle to go 50ft. For this, you
would go in with the 4WD locked in, but I always popped it back into 2WD as
soon as I passed.

Mark