Re: opinions please...

From: Michael James Burns (burnsm@engin.umich.edu)
Date: Tue Nov 05 2002 - 15:20:21 EST

I pull my car trailer (1800 lbs) and my toyota MR2 (2200 lbs) to the races
with my truck and don't have any problems. I have a 2002 dakota sport
with the 3.55 gears. If i pull this setup on the highway at about 65 mph
with the overdrive off I get about 14-15 mpg, which I think is great.
Without the trailer I get about 15-18 depending upon how much city driving
I've done.

I wouldn't think another 1000 lbs would make it un-do-able with the 3.55
gears.

just my 2 cents.

Mike Burns
University of Michigan