Drilled and Slotted Rotors

From: tkoth (tkoth@cox.net)
Date: Tue Nov 05 2002 - 19:41:39 EST

Fellow Dak heads!! I have been away for almost 2 years...man
have they been rough.
Forgive me if this has been bantered about before, I did a
quick search of the archives and it didn't answer my
question...
I have a 2000 CC 4X4 4.7 5spd. My factory rotors were warped
at 15000 miles and my gracious dealer told me I was SOL. So
at 25,000 miles I replaced them with Raybestos rotors. Well
they held up for only 5500 miles!! And since they only carry
a 3 mo warranty all the guy would do for me is turn them for
free. So, now my question. I see in JC Whitney that they
have drilled and slotted rotors for my Dak for about $72 ea.
Does anyone on the list have any experience with them? The
HD Bendix ones are over $100 at Autozone, so I was trying to
find a cheaper alternative that would withstand the summer
heat here in Phoenix AZ. Any and all comment welcome!

Tim
PHX AZ
email: tkoth@cox.net
2000 4X4 CC 4.7 5sp