RE: RE: Gears?

From: Gabriel A. Couriel (BigGabe@fiufiji.com)
Date: Wed Nov 06 2002 - 09:38:42 EST

you can also check the rear-end cover. there should be a metallica tag
attached to the cover that will say what the rear-end is (3.2, 3.5, 3.9).
if it isn't there, you can also call a dealership and tell them the VIN,
from that they can tell you EVERYTHING that came with the vehicle.

the spinning thing should be your last resort.

Gabe Couriel

http://frontpage.tripod.com/fijigabe0

---
1998 Dodge Dakota Club Cab Sport
3.9L V6
5-Speed Manual Transmission (AX-15)
3.21 Open Rear End

-----Original Message----- From: owner-dakota-truck@bent.twistedbits.net [mailto:owner-dakota-truck@bent.twistedbits.net]On Behalf Of raymond.irons@gm.com Sent: Wednesday, November 06, 2002 8:08 AM To: dakota-truck@dakota-truck.net Subject: Re: DML: RE: Gears?

Tim wrote: <snip> gear ratio is in glove box.

I own a 98 and I looked inside my glove box and there is no stickers in there anywhere. I even pulled it out of the retainer at the rear of the box so I could open the box farther and still nothing. Guess I'll have to jack it open and try the wheel spinning and counting deal.

Ray Irons Dover, DE