Re: RE: Re: Need New Shocks

From: Brian Fitchett (fitchett@chem.utah.edu)
Date: Wed Nov 06 2002 - 16:37:24 EST

While we are on this subject... I also need some new front shocks.
apparently the DoeschTech shocks up front didnt even last for 2 years. i
never really noticed them being shot because i have been riding my
motorcycle all summer and now that its too damn cold in Utah to ride, i am
back in the Dak.

Question: how easy is it to replace the shocks myself? they arent load
bearing so you could really do it just by getting in there and swapping them
out, right?

Just for others' information there are a number of shocks for under $50
apiece at truckperformance.com (as per saint's post). I also need them to
be inexpensive... graduate students are the most underpaid but highest
technically skilled people i know....

Brian
98 CC V6, gibson exhaust, quick-d intake
02 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic (for sale if anyone is interested)

"Stlaurent Mr Steven" <STLAURENTS@MCTSSA.USMC.MIL> wrote in message

> I had to agree with Hop on the Monroe Sensatrac.
>
> I have them currently installed on the Astro Van (rear) and the ride felt
> better than OEM GM product when new.
>
> Mark, it is a coilovers shock design that has different settings.
>
> --------------------------------------
> Steven St.Laurent
> C4I System Engineer
> Engineering Branch, PSD, MCTSSA
> MARCORSYSCOM, U.S. Marine Corps
> Office (760) 725-2506 (DSN Prefix: 365)
> "<SNIP> Though, reading through history fables,
> some would claim the City of Damascus is the oldest
> city in the world. I thought it was Enoch, grandson of Cain,
> who founded the city of Enoch long before this city was
> ever resurrected from the dust bowls of the middle east."

Hey,