Re: Tire size - speedometer recalibration

From: Tubamirbls@aol.com
Date: Wed Nov 06 2002 - 23:40:10 EST

Hi Korey
     Normally speedo calibration is the job of your Dodge dealer's service
dept however it sounds as if the service folk near you are too dumb to come
in out of the rain.
     Look in the Yellow Pages under "Speedometer" and see if there is a
specialty shop for fixing gauges and speedo's. I made the same tire change
to my truck, my speedo was slightly slo with the original tires and way off
with the replacements. I went to a speedo shop, paid $35 and it took all of
30 minutes and they gave me a certificate showing it to be absolutely
accurate at all speeds from 25 to 75mph.
     Road speed is a very critical factor as info to your engine computer and
if you have the auto trans to it too. You don't want to drive it without
correcting the speedo when it's as far off as it will be with the tire change
you're planning

Paul Sahlin