RE: Tire size - speedometer recalibration

From: Ronald Wong (ron-wong@cox.net)
Date: Thu Nov 07 2002 - 00:21:21 EST

There is a table entry for your tires that needs to be set by the dealer.
It's the 5th entry or 31x10.5x15. The entry you have is too far off and
your computer and CABS system is smarter than you think. The sensor in the
back figures your revolutions per mile but the sensors in the front compute
your actual revolutions to the mile and compares the two and will set an
MIL. As for a speedo gear there's no such animal on the 2000's. The PCM
gets all the calculations for mileage from the RWSS near the ring gear and
the CABS computer. Comparisons are made to the FWSS's and information is
stored in the PCM.

Ron
00 PB SLT QC 4X2 5.9 46RE 3.92 LSD