Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: winter projects...

From: Gary Hedlin (ghedlin@theramp.net)
Date: Fri Nov 08 2002 - 01:20:02 EST

Well, the beauty of my future engine is how were setting up the rotating
mass. Were using an offset crank, keith black pistons, manley rods...
anything to make the rotating mass as light as possible. By doing this,
we'll have a higher RPM limit and a torque converter to put it to the
wheels.

As for numbers, ask Ron Taylor. My only job is to cut the checks :)

Gary Hedlin
"The Crazy Quadraplegic"
ghedlin@theramp.net (business)
ragingquad@yahoo.com (personal)
Webmaster For
http://garyhedlin.com
http://importslayer.com
http://socaldakota.com
http://scsilverdak.com
http://assistivetechnologies.com
...And Many More!

""Gabriel A. Couriel"" <BigGabe@fiufiji.com> wrote in message

> gary,
>
> how about torque? i eventually plan on a serious project with my V6, and
> i'm trying to balance horsepower, torque, and a blower (maybe even some
> custom engine work... but that's when the JD comes through, and i'm
rolling
> in cash). i was thinking of getting the cam and 1.6's, but if that kills
> the bottom end too much, then i'll stick with the stock cam and 1.7's.
>
> oh all the things to think about, and no money to think about them with...
>
> Gabe Couriel
>
> http://frontpage.tripod.com/fijigabe0
>
> ---
> 1998 Dodge Dakota Club Cab Sport
> 3.9L V6
> 5-Speed Manual Transmission (AX-15)
> 3.21 Open Rear End

Duration
> (part no 3310) should work nicely, thats what I'm using for my new V6.
>
> Gary Hedlin
> "The Crazy Quadraplegic"
> ghedlin@theramp.net (business)
> ragingquad@yahoo.com (personal)
> Webmaster For
> http://garyhedlin.com
> http://importslayer.com
> http://socaldakota.com
> http://scsilverdak.com
> http://assistivetechnologies.com
> ...And Many More!
>
> ""Tim Althoff"" <talthoff@yllwdkta.com> wrote in message
> >
> > hey, I was going to email you just b/c I knew you know a lot about the
> 6ers!
> > what roller rockers would you suggest, 1.6-1.7? what are the benefits
and
> > drawbacks of each. I plan on keeping my truck N/A with no nitrous...
> >
> > Tim Althoff
> > 99 SY 3.9 5-Speed 'Customized' RC Dakota
> > http://www.yllwdkta.com

Althoff