Adjusting Transmission Bands

From: Fawcett, Thomas E (fawcett@bu.edu)
Date: Fri Nov 08 2002 - 09:34:48 EST

Heard an interesting statement from my local Dodge-Truck dealer today while I was getting a filter and gasket for my planned tranny fluid changing adventure.

He told me that adjusting the bands was not necessary on late model transmissions (mines a '98 with the 44RE auto-tranny). This is a bit of sore point with me as I had already bought the super secret "special tool" required to adjust the front or rear bands (can't remember which).

Anybody else heard this/does this make sense or are they just looking forward to overhauling my transmission later on down the road?!
Tom