Limited Slip Conversion

From: Daniel Wright (daniel.wright@genetics.utah.edu)
Date: Fri Nov 08 2002 - 15:27:46 EST

Hi
I'm fairly new to the list, I have been lurking since August when I bought
a '99 Dakota 4 X 4 SLT Club Cab, 318 Auto. It has been a great truck so
far, and a huge upgrade from my worn out '86 Toyota.
I drove it in the rain for the first time the other day, and that brings up
my question. It is all too willing to spin one tire leaving every stop
light. I am considering adding some sort of limited slip to the currently
open rear differential. I see units are available from many suppliers
including Auburn Gear's Supergrip, Dana Spicer's Track-Lock, Mopar's own
Sure-Grip, and the Detroit Locker.
I wondered If any of you folks had experience with any of these
products. I don't do a lot of off roading, but snow is on the way.
In particular the Dana Track-Lock seems really reasonably priced.
Am I missing any good choices? Is any one unit much better than the
rest? Is there any particular one to avoid?
Thanks
Dan Wright
'99 Neon RT
'99 Dakota SLT