4.7 HO Intake, First Drive.........

From: Olznut@aol.com
Date: Sat Nov 09 2002 - 15:50:50 EST

Nice day to work on it, cool, raining, and tunes cranking on the radio. When
I finished some 2.5 hours later, it was time for the test drive. I couldn't
really jump on it too hard due to the rain, but my first impression is that I
lost a "little" bottom end, but when it hits about 3000, oh man, watch out,
it starts to pull like crazy, when I manually shifted at 5500, it was pulling
real hard, I'm pretty happy!! I had a little suprise when I took the intake
off, I found some lost tools and bolts inside the block, and a TON of mud,
sand, dirt, etc. My guess it happened in Hungry Valley when I dunked the
truck in a mud hole, over a year ago!!!!!! Just to make the motor happy, I
managed to let it swallow my 8mm wrench :(

Ed "Olznut" Halterman Sunland, Ca '01 Dakota Quad Cab SLT+ 4.7L 4x4 "Silver
Streak" '66 Olds F-85 330 V-8, Intense Blue "Project Olds" Will Be Finished
By The End Of July!! See Them Here!!
http://community.webtv.net/OLZNUT/WelcometoOlznuts