Got the Dak back!

From: andy levy (andylevy@yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Nov 10 2002 - 09:36:59 EST

Actually it was Thursday but I've been busy.

About $6600 total in parts & labor. Everything looks good and she
drives straight (whew!). They replaced:
        Radiator (no more Steigermud keeping it hot!)
        a/c condenser
        fan shroud, clutch & blade (the fan blade was fine as far as I could tell)
        radiator overflow
        Left fender
        both headlights
        left foglight
        hood
        grille
        bumper
        fascia
        upper & lower radiator supports/ties
        Plenty more but I won't bore everyone (and I'm too lazy to get the
paperwork)

        Got to the shop, truck was all polished up. Took a good, close look at
everything, then lit the engine. Then the low gas light came on. When
I got to the Mobil near my place, I dumped 21.25 gallons into it...I'd
like to know where all that gas went! I knew I was getting low before
the accident but not THAT low.

        Feels good to be back in the Dak! I had just gotten used to that POS
Saturn, but this still feels better. And I can see in traffic again!