Re: JC Whitney Rotors and other parts installed LONG

From: steve preston (steve239dak@yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Nov 10 2002 - 22:58:32 EST

Saving my money for some,too. Hope they resist warpage
pretty well. The last set of high performance rotors I
ordered (eight years ago) came from some place out of
Canada,and I waited a couple months for them. And J.C.
Whitney has made me wait a long time before (for a new
carpet for my Duster 16 years ago,and for some
so-called "high-intensity" headlight bulbs (they
weren`t) for my 93 Intrepid,which had very bad
headlights.) Steve P.
--- Matt Tharp <henryrollins2001@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Well my rotors finally came in. I got a set of the
> Cross drilled and slotted rotors for my Dakota. I
> kept
> notes on the order. I have turn into a customer
> service freak over the last couple of years. So I
> make
> sure that I have my ducks in a row.
>
> Cross drilled Rotors For Dakota 224.44Ordered
> 11/22/02
> number JCW-xxxxxx
>
> First complaint Mon, 28 Oct 2002 12:16:30 I asked
> about why it is taking so long just to process the
> order.
>
> Thursday, Oct 31 2002Contact from JC Whitney. Here
> is
> there answer to my complaint.
>
> 'Dear Charles,Thank you for contacting JC Whitney
> for
> your automotive needs. Your order is being delayed
> for
> reasons unknown to me. I have forwarded your e-mail
> someone who would know more than me. They will be
> contacting you regarding your inquiry.' I have check
> my credit card and I have still not been billed for
> the rotors.
>
> Friday November, 01 2002 The Order for the brake
> pads
> was placed on backorder. The Rotors are still
> processing. No e-mail telling me of the change. I am
> thinking of canceling the order. I am going to email
> them asking how long the backorder is. I called and
> The Rotors were shipped and I canceled the pads. I
> will get a set of the hawk pads from Truck
> performance.
>
> Wednesday November,05 2002 Rotors Show up in good
> shape.
>
> Well I got the rotors and opened them up. They were
> covered in a Rust colored paint or coating to
> prevent
> rust. I used a can of brake clean and cleaned the
> off.
> I was real happy to see a very nice thick rotor that
> was the same thickness as OEM. It had the same min.
> thickness as the stock rotors. It has a real nice
> cross hatching and was machined nicely. The only
> thing
> that I did not like was the cross drilled holes.
> They
> are 9 holes drilled between the slots on 3 out of
> the
> 4. There is one that only has 7 holes. I am not sure
> if the planed that. It looks like they did not space
> them correctly. I am unsure what to think about it.
> look at the picture on the web-site and it shows the
> same thing I have. I guess that is the way they want
> it. I installed them with a set of Hawk pads. I have
> only got to drive them a couple of miles making sure
> to break them in just like the rotor sheet said to.
> When I order my hawk pads I got a set of the Husky
> liners Mud Flaps. I was tried of my truck getting
> dirty so quick and U had gotten some chips already
> from the never ending road work around here. I
> installed the fronts with no problems. I think they
> [...]

=====
2001 Dodge Dakota 4X4 Sport RC,Flame Red/4.7L V8/45RFE auto/3.92 limited-slip/16" aluminum wheels/Infinity CD-cassette system.