Re: RE: Did I just get screwed? + RANTING and ADVICE REQUESTED...

From: Chris Reck (Roadkill47@attbi.com)
Date: Tue Nov 12 2002 - 22:15:27 EST

It was mostly my fault that I never checked them. I didn't see any reason
why though. From my knowledge, the fronts will wear out faster than the
back as they do 80% of the braking. I had the dealer replace the front
shoes and rotors at 12k due to warpage and they still have well over 1/2
left on them. They even almost look knew. I figured I had at least 10k
miles left.

I was going to check them once I finished unpacking from my move, but
haven't gotten to it yet.

Your "mechanic" issue could be valid. It took them 3.5 hours (from dropoff
to pickup) to investigate, replace all the parts, and align the wheels.
Seems really quick considering they had to order parts, and all 4 ball
joints to replace.

Chris