Re: Re: RE: Did I just get screwed? + RANTING and ADVICE REQUESTED...

From: Jon Smith (jon@fast4x4.net)
Date: Tue Nov 12 2002 - 22:43:11 EST

Chris, just a thought from the other side of the fence. I could easily
replace all the parts mentioned in that time frame. Typically when pricing
out parts, we'll order them from the parts store and by the time the
customer gives the green light, we'll have the parts on hand.

The labor costs are high by our standards, but not uncommon for a
Goodyear/NTB/etc brand shop. The practice of billing labor via 'book time'
is pretty much the norm wherever you go.

I am not defending the Goodyear shop by any means, just adding another
vantage point..

-Jon Smith