RE: Re: Re: RE: Did I just get screwed? + RANTING and ADVICE REQUESTED...

From: Ray (bpracing@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Tue Nov 12 2002 - 23:37:29 EST

My understanding is that "book time" is the average time to perform the job
barring unforeseen problems. A good, experienced mechanic can beat that
time whereas an average or novice mechanic will take longer. That's how
good mechanics make more money. They can turn out more than 8 hours WORTH
of work in a day. The shop will also make more money.

I used to work in a factory where each task was rated a specific amount of
time. With experience, you could beat that time, turning out more than 8
hours of work per day and earning "incentive" pay. Seems like the same
thing.:-)

So, other than their hourly rate being kinda high, I don't think you got
screwed on the time. Probably just had a good mechanic (or 2).

Ray