RE: another gear related ?

From: Gabriel A. Couriel (BigGabe@fiufiji.com)
Date: Wed Nov 13 2002 - 18:43:48 EST

nope... you are computer controlled. there will be no speedo problem if you
change your gears. i think 97 was the last ytear that there was a speedo
gear.

happy driving!!!

Gabe Couriel

http://frontpage.tripod.com/fijigabe0

---
1998 Dodge Dakota Club Cab Sport
3.9L V6
5-Speed Manual Transmission (AX-15)
3.21 Open Rear End

-----Original Message----- From: owner-dakota-truck@bent.twistedbits.net [mailto:owner-dakota-truck@bent.twistedbits.net]On Behalf Of Russ Borman Sent: Wednesday, November 13, 2002 5:54 PM To: dml@dakota-truck.net Subject: DML: another gear related ?

If I change to lower gears but keep the same size tire, will that effect my speedo calibration? I saw this mentioned on another list about changing the speedo gear during a gear swap. But my truck being a '99, doesn't have a speedo gear... does it?

Thanks, Russ

_________________________________________________________________ STOP MORE SPAM with the new MSN 8 and get 2 months FREE* http://join.msn.com/?page=features/junkmail