Re: 2.5 Exhaust Leak

From: Tony Troidl (ttroidl@bluefrognet.net)
Date: Wed Nov 13 2002 - 22:21:42 EST

Welcome to the club!

 I've had that problem since new....

Factory TSB on broken studs just calls for replacement with new PN: and not
to torque it as much...

but I have also had LOTS of problems with them just falling out!

Have tried loctite stud retainer with no luck...

Usually it is the REAR stud, I think it has extra straign on it from the
exhaust pipe below, you may also want to check the hanger rite under the
bellhousing, they like to break too and will snal the stud on ya!

GOOD LUCK!

Tony.