RE: RE: Bleeding The Brake Lines

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Thu Nov 14 2002 - 10:37:45 EST

You can use a turkey baster to remove the fluid in the master
cylinder...then, refill it with clean/new brake fluid. This way, you
already get somewhat of a cleaning. Here's the procedure on the two
different ABS systems.

If you have Rear Wheel ABS:
Bleed only one brake component at a time in the following sequence:

Master Cylinder
Combination Valve
Rear Antilock Valve
Left Rear Wheel
Right Rear Wheel
Right Front Wheel
Left Front Wheel

If you have Four Wheel ABS:
ABS system bleeding requires conventional bleeding methods plus use of
the DRB scan tool. The procedure involves performing a base brake
bleeding, followed by use of the scan tool to cycle and bleed the HCU
pump and solenoids. A second base brake bleeding procedure is then
required to remove any air remaining in the system.