Re: Lift on GenII 2wd??

From: Matthew Intihar (challengerman@juno.com)
Date: Thu Nov 14 2002 - 16:26:39 EST

Mike:

I WAS running the Rough Country 2" coil spacers and rear add-a-leafs, but
I took them out because of safety factors. I would not suggest getting
the coil spacers, too hard to install, terrible ride afterwards, and they
destroy the springs. I've heard the notion of using V8 springs, but you
could also have a spring shop make some custom ones with the same ride
quality. 30x9.50 tires will fit just fine with slight rubbing at
lock(not noticeable), and that's with the stock 5.25" backspacing; get a
rim with 5" spacing and you have no problems. I have pics of my truck
with the lift and 31x10.50 tires. E-mail me off list if you want to see
them. I'm also trying to sell a set of 30x9.50 Firestone Firehawk R4S if
your seriously thinking about the lift. HTH!!

Matthew
'92 CC 3.9l 4x2 auto

On Wed, 13 Nov 2002 16:09:53 -0500 "mike kulczycki"
<dakota1994@hotmail.com> writes:

> anyone have one out there?? i know rough country has one that is
> spacers. anyone have it?? how does it work?? i know there are coil
spring
> spacers that could lift it a bit. i am toying with the idea. this is
for
> my 94. it might look kind of cool with some 30x9.5s and a bit taller.
that
> or maybe swap in some V8 springs. i am going to check to see if they
> are different. any help is appreciated.
> thanks..
>
> Mike K
> 94 SLT,CC,239,2wd,auto