Re: Hello fellow 4xDAKOTAx4 drivers!

From: Greg (gsutinen@wi.rr.com)
Date: Sat Nov 16 2002 - 12:52:04 EST

A friend of mine that's into Mustangs and Shelbys has used Diamond Racing
Wheels to make some special roadcourse wheels with his wheel pattern and
backspacing, and to widen his own wheels. They have a few dealers around the
country I see. He bought some Mopar(of course) police car wheels(15x8's)
that he liked the centers and that had the correct bolt pattern for a
Mustang. Sent them down to them and specified the rim width and backspacing
he wanted. I believe it was about $100 a wheel to do. They cut the centers
out of his and welded them into new rim shells. Very quality job. The
complete wheels he bought for his Mustang were 16x8's and 16x10's with his
specified backspacing and pattern. Avenger series me thinks. They were
pretty reasonably priced too but I can't remember exactly how much. They
have a lot of different styles to choose from and even something called a
Trucker. Different thickness or strengths of wheel rims are available. Might
want to check into doing that if you can't find the exact backspacing you
want/need. Here's the addie for them although it's kind of hard to get
exactly where you want to get to on their website. They've got a free
catalog to send ya too.

http://www.diamondracingwheels.com/DIAMONDRacingWheels/ContactDiamond.htm

Nope, don't work for them. Just passin' it along.

Greg '01 Dak CC 4x4 Sport 4.7 Auto

""Bill Day"" <bill@daysdomain.com> wrote in message

> Little long winded, but home some will read it.
>
> First time on list and I hope I can find some good useful info..
>
> I am on my second Dakota. My first one I bought brand new in '91, 4
banger,
> 5 speed beat the truck to death and put over 275,000 miles on it. I even
> once hauled a '73 Cuda with a HEMI in it through the mountains of
California
> @ 70mph in 3rd gear!! drove it for 3 more years until I seen this beauty
of
> a 4x4 Dakota ('95 square nose still) sitting at a dealer. Painted my '91
got
> $2900 out of it in '00 (almsot 10years old..)
>
> Anyway.. I picked up the '95 for dirt cheap with getting almost 3g's for
my
> '91 but had troubles with it.. someone didn't take care of the Mopar
> heart.. and she choked after about 3 months of having her(course I helped,
> I'm no ninny to my trucks). Seems oil pan had some gunk in it, plugged
oil
> filter... ruining motor (cranks, bearing journals etc..) Took it straight
> to Dodge and said fix it(same place I bought my '91)
>
> Month later I get a call after driving a sh*t taurus lot thing... "..
none