Re: Re: RE: Did I just get screwed? + RANTING and ADVICE REQUESTED...

From: Chris Reck (Roadkill47@attbi.com)
Date: Sat Nov 16 2002 - 13:01:24 EST

I was actually sitting in the shop waiting for it. As soon as they found
it, they brought me back to look at it. Since I plan on keeping the truck
until something brakes that costs more than the whole truck.

I was also told by the shop that I needed them done and it wasn't safe to
drive. "Bad steering and both rears could lock up during braking". I know
better than to take their comments for what little their worth, but after
looking at the condition, I decided to go ahead with it.

I'm not upset at getting the work done, just in the cost of labor. I now
realize that it is pretty much the way things are going to be now. It's
been almost 10 years since I had to rely on a shop for major repairs.

Chris

<Tubamirbls@aol.com> wrote in message news:89.20cfc2fe.2b0326ac@aol.com...

> Couple more thoughts:
>
> Out of courtesy to you, they should have phoned you once they got your
truck
> on the alignment rack and found so much ball jt wobble in the front end
they
> couldn't do an accurate alignment job and have also told you at that point
> the price for the parts and the estimate of labor. Maybe if you were
> intending to sell the truck soon you would not have elected any such
repairs?
> Anyway, that should have been your judgement to make.
>
> On the other hand regarding the condition of your braking system, while it
is
> a financial jolt to say the least, look at it this way--------------they
may
> have saved you a costly collision or even your life or that of another.
Your