Re: Weird noises, Joe B.

From: Joe B. (JoeB327@aol.com)
Date: Sun Nov 17 2002 - 19:59:42 EST

jay&dana@telus.net ("jay & dana") wrote in
news:022801c28e90$0ba39560$235535d1@a4a91192:

Careful where you stick that thing mister.....;-) The one I have problems
with is closest to the transfer case. This is going to be hard to describe,
but here goes... The front drive shaft attaches to the transfer case with a
u-joint which is attached to the yoke of the drive shaft. On the other side
of that u-joint there should be another u-joint. When you look in between
those two joints you should see what looks like some sort of seal (somewhat
soft, like neoprene). That is where I carefully slid the grease needle in
and squirted some grease in. roated the drive shaft and did the "other
side" also. Unfortunately it is raining quite heavy here so I can't go out
to verify exactly what I am saying. I wish I had a photo, it would make it
more clear. Take a look and see if you can see what I am trying to explain.
Most of all look for that "seal", if you can see that you will have found
the correct spot. Let me know if I can be of any more help and let me know
how you make out.
Joe B.

> Hey Joe
>
> That sounds exactly like my problem (drive line related). I know
> about the one grease nipple on the front driveshaft but am not quite
> sure about this CV joint you are referring to. Is it also on the
> front drive shaft and if so which "U-joint" is it located in, the one
> closest to the transfer case, the one closest to the front
> differential, or both? I'm just not sure what I'm looking for here,
> as to the location of this joint. Your or anybody's help would be
> greatly appreciated on this annoying noise. I went out and bought
> one of those needle adapters for my grease gun but am unsure as to
> where to stick it, :-)
>
> Thanks again
> Jay

snip