Re: New thing..

From: Terrible Tom (SilverEightynine@earthlink.net)
Date: Sun Nov 17 2002 - 22:21:36 EST

Ahhhh the grand dady of all 4x4 Dakota Mods.... the highly sought after
but rately completed solid axle conversion.

www.utahwest.com is the home page of Jay McMullan. (click on his 4
wheeling link)

To my knowledge he is not a member of the DML, however I have
communicated with him via email on a few occations about his Dak. In
short he had a pair of 70-somthing Ford Bronco axles stuffed under his
Dak. Very impressive. He has a V8.

If it was me - I would not do this conversion without having a V8 - or
at least a well built up V6. The axle conversion , plus bigger heavier
tires, will significantly increase the trucks weight.

There was also a conversion done on a Gen III Dak - F250 leaf springs
instead of a coil suspension. I can't locate the URL at the moment
however.