Re: RE: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: FW: [dakotart] Question about Shift Points?

From: Bob Mankin (bob@coralfarms.com)
Date: Wed Nov 20 2002 - 11:32:16 EST

Bernd, that tuner is not intended to and will not reach the consumer level.
You just can't put that sort of power in the hands of the average Joe on the
street for a whole host of reasons. It's a Corporate level aftermarket
product tool, site licensed, distributed to a select few companies, etc.

What I would expect to see would be a much better attempt at products like
the PPIII, where instead of a less than desirable feature set, it actually
does more of what the hype said it would. S/C kits could make better
offerings and perform better in boost transition, work with upsized
injectors instead of the aux injector in the airhat mess, etc.

I realize folks would love to have that sort of tune ability sitting on
their PC or laptop, but the truth is that won't happen. About all that would
result from that is a bunch of blown up parts. The GM and Ford guys already
have tuners, but those are not just "carte blanche" deals where you can
modify anything and everything. CARB and the EPA would hunt down companies
releasing stuff like that with a vengeance.

Bob