Re: Re: RE: FW: [dakotart] Question about Shift Points?

From: bernd@texas.net
Date: Wed Nov 20 2002 - 12:09:40 EST

While MAF is easier to work with on Super/Turbocharged applications, it has
tuning issues as well. (Just not as many for the average "bolt-ons" like what
we use.)

One other item...Mass Air Systems work on a non-linear scale...MAP works on a
linear scale. If you can figure out an easy formula and method of converting
this...you're one step ahead and could (possibly) adapt.

I tested out a MAF Meter on my truck over a year ago...just to see what the
voltage readings are as compared to the MAP sensor. (Not even close)

- Bernd