RE: RE: rotor like grinding sound ?

From: Gabriel A. Couriel (BigGabe@fiufiji.com)
Date: Thu Nov 21 2002 - 11:07:29 EST

thanx.... i've got a 4x2 model, so i'll double check those numbers.

Gabe Couriel

http://frontpage.tripod.com/fijigabe0

---
1998 Dodge Dakota Club Cab Sport
3.9L V6
5-Speed Manual Transmission (AX-15)
3.21 Open Rear End

-----Original Message----- From: owner-dakota-truck@bent.twistedbits.net [mailto:owner-dakota-truck@bent.twistedbits.net]On Behalf Of John Neff Sent: Wednesday, November 20, 2002 6:07 PM To: DML Subject: DML: RE: rotor like grinding sound ?

Gabe, The part number for the pads are 5294. These are Performance Friction carbon-metallics with a limited lifetime warranty. As long as you don't run the pads down into the rivets, they say they will replace them when they are worn out. $41.99 for 4 pads.

Rotor pn is 5382. This is listed on autozone.com as AIMCO. When I bought mine, they were in a Brembo box. Draw your own conclusions from that :) $25.99 each.

There is also a listing for AIMCO EXTREME 5382RX and LX. These are listed as directional. Are they slotted? I don't know. There are no pictures of them on the site. They were not listed when I replaced mine. $88.99 each. It wouldn't surprise me if they didn't come in a Brembo box as well. Maybe AIMCO is Brembo's retail parts division? The next time I'm at the zone for something, I'll ask about them and see if they have something in stock I can take a look at.

Also, these pn's are for my 98 4x4. If your truck is different in any way, I'd verify the numbers for your truck before dropping any cash.

John http://jndneff.home.texas.net/dakota/dakota.html