Solder Question

From: Terrible Tom (SilverEightynine@earthlink.net)
Date: Sat Nov 23 2002 - 01:45:52 EST

This is off topic - but I'll throw in some dak related stuff in the end
to make it all better.

I have a TV remote control that stopped owrking on me. upon dissasembly
of the unit I discovered a small transistor or whatever has broken
partially off the circuit board. By pressing it back down on the board
it returned the remote to its functioning state. Heres the question...

I went to buy solder and an iron (I used to have one - dunno where it is
now) I noticed there were different blends of solder. 50/50, 60/40 and
5/95 in various mixes of tin and The ones listes for electrical were
listed as being "non conductive" I assume so that the solder provides
aa layer of insulation? Well I want it to be conductive so that the
little metal tab that broke off (I guess its not really a resistor
then), will connect to the board and conduct its electrical signals as
normal. What solder mix should I use?

Now for the Dak content... Um - my tie rods are still clunking, I have
a slow tire leak, trans is buzzing like a hornets nest and my head
lights are still full of mud (INSIDE) from going thrugh The Pit this
summer. But I'm all ready for snow plowing. Hey - I didn't say what
the Dak content was gonna be did I? LOL

--

"It's a living thing... It breathes, it eats, ...and it hates..."

Silver '89 Reg Cab, V6, Auto, 8 footer, 4x2 Silver '89 Reg Cab, V6, Auto, 8 footer, 4x4 w plow - (aka Granpa)

AIM Screen name: SilverEightynine

DML Profile URL: http://www.twistedbits.net/WWWProfile/dakota/LkxxVw49jp7dU/