Re: Annoying Electrics

From: Terrible Tom (SilverEightynine@earthlink.net)
Date: Sat Nov 23 2002 - 04:15:23 EST

Well I don't know about everyne elses new fangled high tech Daks (heh
heh) But my old Gen I 1989 Dak has a seperate flasher canister for the
turn signals and the flashers.

Last year in one of my McGuyver Electrical Wiring Escapades, I fried
both flasher canisters and the fuses for the hazard lights and turn
signals... (DON'T ask)

I snatched the ones out of my (non-running) 2wd Dak until I bought
replacements.

To me - it sounds like the flasher canisters are fried. I can't really
see Dodge having changed that bit of old reliable technology to
something computer controlled - - but then again ya never know.

I also removed my "key in/lights on" buzzer module... I frequently lock
my keys in the truck or leave my lights on (or both) - but that is well
worth never hearing that damned buzzer again!!! hmm - that had nothing
to do with flashers ot turn signals did it?

--

"It's a living thing... It breathes, it eats, ...and it hates..."

Silver '89 Reg Cab, V6, Auto, 8 footer, 4x2 Silver '89 Reg Cab, V6, Auto, 8 footer, 4x4 w plow - (aka Granpa)

AIM Screen name: SilverEightynine

DML Profile URL: http://www.twistedbits.net/WWWProfile/dakota/LkxxVw49jp7dU/