Funeral of Ron Wong

From: SEMIHEMI01@aol.com
Date: Sat Nov 23 2002 - 18:38:41 EST

DMLers,

The loss of my father has been difficult beyond words. I've been trying
to contact everyone he knew, and in doing so, went into his Outlook
contact list. Of course, when I opened Outlook, 400+ e-mails began
pouring into his inbox just from the DML. I hope you don't mind that I
read some of your comments about my father, and I am overwhelmed by the
response to his passing. I can see now why he spent so much time at his
computer; he was talking to family.

For those of you who are curious about the cause of his death, I've
included an explanation at the end this message. Also, for those of you
who want to attend the funeral, a graveside service will be held at
10:00am on Wednesday, November 27 at the Santa Ana Cemetery. The address
can be found here: http://www.oc.ca.gov/cemetery/locate.htm

I know that this is the day before Thanksgiving, so please do not feel
obligated to attend. I believe that a funeral is just a fancy way of
saying goodbye, and that it can be done from anywhere. For those who
want to bring flowers, I ask that you keep the number small because I
expect that there will be so many people there. I will relay your
thoughts and prayers to my family.

Thank you all for your support, it means more than you know. If you
have any questions, I can be reached via e-mail: msw4166@cox.net

Michael Wong

-Cause of death-
The official autopsy results indicate that he died of "chronic ischemic
heart disease." For those who don't understand what this means (as I
didn't), let me give you the explanation that was given to me:
basically, his heart was weakening over the past several months (years?)
due to lack of oxygen. The lack of oxygen was due to hardened arteries
resulting from high cholesterol, hypertension, and otherwise poor
health. It's probable that my father knew that he was at risk, but
knowing him, he didn't want me to worry so he didn't tell me.

 "Sir Bill"

SEMIHEMI01@AOL.COM> KB SuperCharged, 4.7L, 2001, QC,
http://hometown.aol.com/semihemi01/index.html <or> http://southernmopar.org/