Re: RE: Re: turn truck off but still running

From: Jim Miller WB5OXQ (wb5oxq@grandecom.net)
Date: Sat Nov 23 2002 - 23:54:50 EST

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tim Althoff" <talthoff@yllwdkta.com>
To: <dakota-truck@dakota-truck.net>
Sent: Saturday, November 23, 2002 10:45 PM
Subject: DML: RE: Re: turn truck off but still running

> after reading some articles on the net (non Mopar), but anyhow they are
> saying that if the TB blades are not completely shut that this could cause
> this...also, they say that a miss aligned throttle linkage could cause
> this...well, I did adjust this a while ago to get it to shift as late as
> possible. could this cause this?

REPLY
This would only be true on a carburated engine because the fuel in your
truck does not pass through the throttle plates, only air passes through.
This is a called a dry manifold. Fuel is injected at each intake port by an
injector that is electrically operated. Pulses are sent to the injectors by
the engine computer and are timed to the opening of the intake valve. You
must have a voltage feedback problem somewhere in the truck or a faulty
ignition switch. Voltage feedback problems can be caused by a bad ground,
leaky diode in the alternator or some relay sticking. There is also the
possability of an injector not shutting off the fuel when it no longer
receives a pulse from the computer and there is still pressure on the fuel
rail for a short time after the fuel pump is turned off. I still believe
this to be an electrical problem and I have seen it on other veichles a few
times, no make in particular either. I know it is late at night and
possably more members will see your post tomarrow and offer their
suggestions.
Jim in Waco