Re:TailGate

From: BARRY OLIVER (DHSPA58@dhs.state.il.us)
Date: Mon Nov 25 2002 - 17:36:07 EST

One of the options my place offered was to do the whole tailgate (for $50 extra over the cost of the liner).

>>> jason.banta@louisville.edu 11/25/02 11:57AM >>>

Thanks for all of the responses. I think I am going to try and have it
straightened out and then have the LineX spray in liner put on it. My
main concern was that the paint would still chip at the point where the
Linex stops. I guess I will just have to see if that happens.

Again Thanks Everybody

>>> DHSPA58@dhs.state.il.us 11/25/02 12:03PM >>>

I did almost the same thing. I took it to a body shop and paid them
$25 (yes twenty-five) to straighten it out. I told them "just make it
straight, I don't care about the finish" Then I took it down to my
truck stuff store and had that spray in bedliner put on and that covered
up the whole mess. I later found out that a local paint place would
have re-painted my (prepped) tailgate for under 50 bucks. Total = much
less than the $300 that I was quoted to do the whole fix at one shop
[kind-of makes you wonder]

>>> jason.banta@louisville.edu 11/24/02 09:35PM >>>

)