Re: They KILLED my transmission!

From: Jim Miller WB5OXQ (wb5oxq@grandecom.net)
Date: Tue Nov 26 2002 - 15:50:22 EST

Changing a radiator is no major task in a Dak for any mechanic. 2 radiator
hoses and 2 transmission cooler lines. The cooler lines are typically
threaded and the lines have a nut around the tubing that just screws on. On
some veichles there are quick disconnect devices where the lines connect to
the radiator that require a special tool to disconnect. If the lines were
not connected tight is likely that the fluid leaked out because it is under
mild pressure. If a cooler line leaks the transmission will pump all the
fluid out and can damage the transmission. Not checking for leaks after
installing a transmission is very negligent and the shop responsable should
pay for the damage. I speak from experience of working in a radiator shop
for 29 years.
Jim in Waco.