RE: Hi folks

From: Norah Bleazard (norah.dml@bleazard.net)
Date: Wed Nov 27 2002 - 08:09:35 EST

Hi Mike,

Sorry that I haven't gotten back to you sooner. I wish we could help you
more on this issue, but our '01 Quad doesn't have nearly the amount of
mileage on it that yours has at the moment as we ordered ours from the
factory, but we'll catch up rather quickly, I'm sure. :-)

I tend to baby my trucks except for one, so I can't tell you that if
"babying" would be the answer or not. But seeing as it's still a "new"
truck and still under warranty, I would definitely take it back to the
dealer. If they give you the standard "We can't seem to duplicate the
problem" answer, you must stand your ground and take them on a test drive to
re-create the problem for them. I swear some of these mechanics have
selective vision and hearing. But that's a whole other issue and I won't
torment you with my rant about dealerships and mechanics :-)

So far, we've been extremely lucky with our trucks, other than the poor '95
that gets excessive torture when we take it off roading and put it thru some
pretty rough and wet terrain. So take off the kid gloves (unless you want a
show vehicle) and enjoy your new family member. The Dakota is a wonderful
vehicle and I can't ever see myself living without one. Reliability,
durability and damn good looks are only a few words that come to mind for
me, not to mention how my '95 saved my life in one hell of a disagreement
with a light post.

I noticed that you relayed your mileage in kilometers. Are you in Canada
too? Jason and I are currently living in Toronto, Ontario.

I'm going to forward your question to the guys on the DML (Dakota Mailing
List) and see if they can answer any of your questions. They are a great
group of people and a wonderful knowledge base for any Dakota question you
may have. Now that you're a Dakota owner, you may consider joining the
mailing list yourself. The web site is at: www.dakota-truck.net

Sorry again that I haven't been of more help.

Norah Bleazard