RE: Weird Noise & Smoke @ W.O.T.

From: DakotaJohn (jkp61@horizonview.net)
Date: Wed Nov 27 2002 - 08:42:00 EST

 I would say 70-75mph(I'm guessing?)and the tach was around 4K, I was in
such shock from the noise and smoke that I didn't notice for sure. My wife
even heard it and said "That wasn't your truck, Was It?!" and "It's still
under warranty, Right?" I thought of detonation, but I had never heard it
sound quite like that, almost a grinding. Also it only seemed to do it when
the stress on the engine dropped as it went into the last gear. In 2nd and
3rd I didn't notice any noise!? She hasn't done it again, yet!? Thanks, John