Re: Need advice on big road trip

From: Robert Schultz (robert_schultz@remove.yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Nov 27 2002 - 08:47:50 EST

> Another Toronto DML member? I think we'd better have another DML meet so
> you can make it to at least one :-). It's about time we stood around for
> hours in a parking lot in Canada in a snow storm and sub-zero winds while
> looking under truck hoods again.

I'd be up for that. Just as long as you like looking at stock engines :-)
The first thing that gets modified on mine is the 5-spd. As soon as I can
figure out how to go about improving it.

> BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Yeah, I've been to Wyoming several times. Any local
> will tell you: the only time the wind ever stops is when it changes
> directions. Norah calls it "Windoming" :-).
>
> (Not to make light of your ordeal, I just thought the wind comment was
> quite amusing)

No offense taken here. I went to Utah blissfully unaware. Who knew it snowed
in the mountains in October (doh!). We started a mountain bike ride one day
at 7000ft. The trail climbed to 11,000 before working down and around the
mountain back to near the start. At about the 10,000ft mark we looked at
each other in our jackets and shorts, and the 4 inches of snow and thought
'This is stupid'. We about-faced and did a 3,000ft descent with freezing
water spraying across our bare legs arriving at the car just in time to
avoid a short but violent storm.

Basically we had fun and came home smarter.

Dak content: Wish I'd had the Dak. Drove an Aerostar van at the time and did
it ever wheeze it's way up the mountains.