RE: Re: Weird Noise & Smoke @ W.O.T.

From: DakotaJohn (jkp61@horizonview.net)
Date: Wed Nov 27 2002 - 08:48:53 EST

 As a matter of fact, this was the second tank from a different Marathon
station, mid-grade 89 octane, no additives though. I had never noticed a
ping before using Reg unleaded 87 octane, but after the Flowmaster was
installed I started noticing a slight ping once in awhile so I was
experimenting with different gas stations and octanes. But this noise was
altogether different, as I said in a previous post to Terrible Tom, it was
almost a grinding!? Thanks though, I think I will try a diferent station,
Maybe they lowered their price for a reason!!! John