Going .040 Over On A Magnum Motor

From: B1LLYW@aol.com
Date: Wed Nov 27 2002 - 18:51:29 EST

My 408 block checked out fine in terms of the block being good. BUT, it did
sit for a while when I was fighting the insurance company on a settlement and
there was water in the cylinders. There is some corrosion/rust. In order to
clean the cylinders up, I need to go .040 over. It was already at .030 over.
What do you all thing about going .040 over?

The only guidance I have on this is that the Magnum Engine book says you can
only go .030 over max and in fact, they only recommend going .020 over. Has
anyone gone more than .030 over on a Magnum motor?

Bill White - http://www.bionicdodge.com

'02 Dakota QC 4x4, SLT +, 4.7, 5 spd, 3.92 LSD
'95 Dakota CC 4x2, SLT, 318, 5 spd, 3.55 LSD