Re: Going .040 Over On A Magnum Motor

From: ScSilverdak (scsilverdak@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Nov 27 2002 - 19:24:44 EST

If the cylinder walls are not pitted, why not try to hone the cylinders to
put a crosshatch back in to aid a fresh set of rings in sealing, most
machine shops can apply a light hone
just clean things up a bit.

Worst case a replacement block and some machine work on that will put it
back in service with your existing crank, rods and pistons.

Ron-
'01 Dakota Sport 3.9 Supercharged
website:http://www.scsilverdak.com
e-mail: scsilverdak@hotmail.com