Re: Re: Going .040 Over On A Magnum Motor

From: B1LLYW@aol.com
Date: Wed Nov 27 2002 - 19:54:36 EST

In a message dated 11/27/02 7:25:26 PM Eastern Standard Time,
scsilverdak@hotmail.com writes:

<< If the cylinder walls are not pitted, why not try to hone the cylinders to
 put a crosshatch back in to aid a fresh set of rings in sealing, most
 machine shops can apply a light hone
 just clean things up a bit. >>

The machinist I'm using told me this. He tried cleaning it up by going a
1000th over. He says I could build the motor that way, but if it were his
motor, he wouldn't do it. I trust his judgement on that. I wish that would
fix, but the continuing odyssey surrounding this motor and my trucks
continues.

Bill White - http://www.bionicdodge.com

'02 Dakota QC 4x4, SLT +, 4.7, 5 spd, 3.92 LSD
'95 Dakota CC 4x42 SLT, 318, 5 spd, 3.55 LSD