Re: <no subject>

From: Terrible Tom (SilverEightynine@earthlink.net)
Date: Thu Nov 28 2002 - 02:34:58 EST

The solenoid is located inside the transmission. To replace it - you
have to drop the fluid pan and remove the filter. The solenoid bolts up
to the sode of the valve body. The OD and the lock up solenoids are on
the same bracket. I do not remember if they are removable one by one or
if both solenoids have to be replaced at the same time. This is
something that I would have a trans shop do, if you are not too
transmission savvy. I also think the valve body has to be removed to
gain access to the electrical connector. (the part that sticks up out
of the trans case)

the wire runs from your dash on/off OD switch - down to the trans case
where a female weather proof electrical connector is secured through the
trans case. The other end of this, as I said - is inside the trans and
runs to the solenoids on the valve body.

I do not believe there is a relay.

--

"It's a living thing... It breathes, it eats, ...and it hates..."

Silver '89 Reg Cab, V6, Auto, 8 footer, 4x2 Silver '89 Reg Cab, V6, Auto, 8 footer, 4x4 w plow - (aka Granpa)

AIM Screen name: SilverEightynine Yahoo Messenger: SilverEightynine

DML Profile URL: http://www.twistedbits.net/WWWProfile/dakota/LkxxVw49jp7dU/