Re: Re:

From: Jon N. Benignus (blkwidow1@primary.net)
Date: Fri Nov 29 2002 - 11:56:30 EST

> HHMMMM........I wonder how far it would fly before splashing in the
> drink...............if it made it to the edge of the deck..............LOL
I can guarantee it will make it into the drink. That catapult ends fairly
close to the edge of the deck-I was on the Truman (CVN 75) two weeks ago. It
would hit the water a ways from the boat. They can just dial up the pressure
on the cat-and really send it flying! If it can sling a Tomcat, it will
sling a car or truck. While I was there they had the piston removed from the
cat and had it crated sitting on the deck with the entire cat "track"
elevated for service access. Got some great pics-I hope.

Jon
STL MO