Re: Changing Bulbs on '99 Dakota

From: andy levy (andylevy@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Nov 29 2002 - 15:35:24 EST

You do it from inside the fenders. You do not need to remove the
battery unless you have really large hands/arms or your wrists aren't as
nimble as they once were.

Reach into the fender from above and unplug the wire. Then grab the
plastic ring around the bulb, press in and turn about 1/3 rotation CCW.
  You should then be able to remove the ring, and the bulb may come with
it. To reinstall, put just the bulb in; you'll see a little tab that
matches up with a groove in the lamp housing. Once that's in, put the
ring back on, press in and give it a 1/3 turn CW.

When you have the bulb out, take a flashlight and get a look at the
socket. It's a lot easier to work it out once you've seen what things
look like.