Re: Foaming at the mouth

From: SEMIHEMI01@aol.com
Date: Sat Nov 30 2002 - 08:31:38 EST

Don,
       I have the same problem with my "01" even with the updated baffle &
cap thogh not quite as bad. I did some research to find out why this happens.
Due to the fact that the filler spout is made from composite and is a very
poor conductor of heat, it stays cooler than any other part of the of the
crankcase system. In doing so, this is the point at which the moisture is
going to condense. It only builds up in those short trips around town, If you
make a road trip it will start to disappear.
       I think the solution to the problem would be to insulate the outside
of the filler neck with a foil backed insulation like used on AC lines to let
it get hot enough to stop the water from condensing at this point. Another
solution would be if the baffle was made from metal so it would conduct heat
up the filler neck and heat it from the inside as the crankcase gases pass
over it. Ron Wong and I discussed this problem at great length last year and
we both reached the same conclusion. "Sir Bill"

SEMIHEMI01@AOL.COM> KB SuperCharged, 4.7L, 2001, QC,
http://hometown.aol.com/semihemi01/index.html <or> http://southernmopar.org/